Tuesday, July 04, 2006

something of substance...

Alright, sleep is eluding me, so I figured I'd actually create a post with something other than pictures. :)

I'm having a lovely holiday/vacation/birthday/adoption day anniversary weekend... complete with a trip to camp, (my family's camp, about four hours north of Ptld) a mini outlet trip to Kittery for cheap books and kids clothes ogling, and tomorrow: a romp to the beach and the annual fireworks at the Eastern Prom.

We started out the weekend with a mini scare -- J randomly hit a deer on the highway (or rather, the deer hit her) on Thursday on her way home from a late night of working, causing our car to need over 2K in body work. She's amazingly lucky that she wasn't hurt. Thank God for insurance and a relatively low deductible. :

We spent Friday morning hashing out the repair and ins. logistics and got our agent to agree to pay for us to rent a car so we could continue with our camp plans... we ended up with a fabulous Mazda 5... SO fun and roomy compared to our little sedan and the roominess would come in quite handy a bit later...

Anyway, we picked up friends A and K and left for camp Friday night. We spent Saturday and Sunday swimming, boating, window shopping, exploring, eating yummy food and playing endless rounds of board games. Dear Jesus I love summer...

Got home late last night, slept for six seconds and then we were off again this morning to spend more quality time together and with my parents.

Ooooo... and my excitement over our rental's spaciousness?? Well, I transported home the best birthday gift ever... J bought me my first big piece of art: a gorgeous, six foot long painting created by a local artist (and friend of my artsy Nana) Elizabeth Ostrander... I believe she called it "Maria of the Roses". I am in love:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
the whole piece...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
close up...

Ok, bedtime. xoxo

4 comments:

J said...

If we bought a second car, the Mazda 5 is in the front runners. Price, and safety.....both very very good.

Nice art!

Will we be seeing you guys soon? How does J (both of them) feel about the beach??

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»